Growing role of metasearch services in hotel online marketing
2014 is the year of metasearch and hoteliers should allocate part of their budget in metasearch marketing and include it in their core marketing plan, according to eRevMax.
The hotel online distribution and channel management solutions provider has compiled an Infographic, “Meta-search: it’s here to stay”, which provides insights on the growing influence of metasearch over the hotel online distribution space.
Some key highlights from the infographic:
- 36% online travellers used comparison shop before booking in 2012 (28% in 2010).
- 13% growth in metasearch traffic over the last year.
- As of December 2012, 6% of US traffic comes from sites such as Kayak (data from PhoCusWright and Experian Hitwise).
- In 2013, Kayak processed over 1.58 billion queries in 2013 and this number is expected to reach over 3 billion in 2019.
- TripAdvisor receives 200 million monthly visits and over 50% of them use its metasearch feature.
eRevMax said the reason behind the tremendous growth of sites like Kayak and TripAdvisor is because they are one-stop platforms for travellers to research and book their hotel stay.