Join STAY WYSE and the Class of 2020 at WYSTC
The number of students around the globe enrolled in higher education is forecast to double to 262 million by 2025. Nearly all of this growth will be in the developing world, with more than half in China and India alone. The number of students seeking study abroad could rise to eight million, up from 4 million in 2010, with OECD countries capturing 80% of this lucrative market. As the US and the UK student housing market rapidly mature, REIT’s, private equity and institutional funds are entering European markets and other emerging education markets.
STAY WYSE and The Class of 2020 have joined forces to explore the opportunities and trends driving the rapid growth of higher education in and student housing. This Fall we will host a session during the annual The Class of 2020 conference in Amsterdam (November 13, http://classof2020.nl/). At WYSTC Sydney we hope to explore the prevailing trends and developments with participants in the WYSTC conference. Questions we would like to discuss are:
- What charactertizes the new types of accommodation coming to the market.
- What are the expectations of the next generation of students when it comes to their housing.
- What business models are possible with international booking systems, brand value, partnerships with education providers and hotel style service models.
- Which investors are entering the market? What are the regional differences?
- How can we build a stronger global student housing community?
This informal round-table aims to bring together professionals in the emerging global student housing market.
Join STAY WYSE and the Class of 2020 at an informal network event on student housing during WYSTC 2013. Wednesday September 18, from 6-7PM SCEC, room: to be confirmed