The priorities for STAY WYSE are to:
- Create a strong profile and representative force that will encompass the needs of all youth and student accommodation service providers.
- Provide PR and marketing to increase and strengthen the profile of the youth travel and student accommodation industry.
- Offer members access to market and industry intelligence, statistics and analysis.
- Provide networking and trading opportunities for members.
- Maintain a guide to best practice on safety for youth travel & student accommodation providers.
- Facilitating best practice on safety.
- Undertake lobbying and representative activities to encourage the development of youth travel & student accommodation services in countries around the world.
- Work in a consultative relationship with established youth accommodation organisations.
- Despite being an important part of the global tourism industry, organisations and companies active in youth accommodation services are not recognised or supported as such by local governments or national tourism authorities.
- Youth travel accommodation providers operate within a highly fragmented industry and this niche sector lacked a unified global voice to represent its interests and a central body to collate statistics and market intelligence.
The STAY WYSE mission is to address these industry challenges and promote cross-cultural understanding for young people as they travel globally. This is achieved by providing safe, affordable, clean accommodation with a communal atmosphere that encourages youth mobility and by creating a united voice for this significant sector. The mandate of the STAY WYSE is to promote this mission on a not-for-profit basis. For the sake of clarity, STAY WYSE is a trade association and not a consumer-facing brand.