Terms and conditions
- The conference is called the STAY WYSE Conference and is owned by WYSE Travel Confederation, trading as WYSE Services B.V.
- References to the STAY WYSE Conference shall include WYSE Services B.V and WYSE Travel Confederation
- Delegate and organisation will mean the person or persons registered to attend the conference.
- The accommodation provider category is for accommodation units whose representatives are either operational owners, managers, sales staff or general operational staff. Venture capital or investment organisations as owners or investors, along with real estate/ estate agents will fall into the “other” category and are not considered accommodation providers within STAY WYSE.
Participation is open to organisations involved in youth and student travel. The STAY WYSE Conference will confirm registration as a delegate after payment has been received. The STAY WYSE Conference is a business-to-business conference and is not open to members of the public.
- Cancellation policy
All confirmed registrations are deemed to be binding. Cancellation can be made under the following conditions:
- Registrations cancelled before 1 December 2018 will be refunded 50% of the registration fee paid, providing the delegate has not accessed Marcom ACE. In the event that the delegate has access his/her Marcom ACE account, no refunds will be available
- On and after 1 December 2018 no refunds are available
- In the case of visa refusal and upon the submission of the relevant documentation, the STAY WYSE Conference will refund 100% of the registration fee paid less an admin fee of EUR 150, provided Marcom has not been accessed
- Cancellation will only be accepted in writing to email@example.com.
- Registration name changes
Registration can be transferred from one delegate to another within the registered organisation for no charge before 15 December 2018. On and after 15 December 2018, an administrative fee of EUR 50 per name change will be charged.
Should the delegate register him or herself in an incorrect registration category, WYSE Travel Confederation will reassign the delegate to the appropriate registration category. Any fees outstanding as a result of the reassignment of registration category need to be paid in full. The standard cancellation policy will apply to all fees paid up to the point of any type of registration.
- Registered organisations
All delegates will be registered to the registered organisation and cannot be changed to another organisation. Organisations can only trade on their own behalf, not on behalf of any other organisation. Membership discounts only apply to the delegates trading under the same member organisation name as registered with WYSE Travel Confederation. All membership dues must be paid in full before the event.
WYSE Travel Confederation reserves the right to access and edit your Marcom profile and to schedule or decline appointments on your behalf.
- Protected trade environment
The protected trade environment will be the conference centre, the main conference hostels, the social events and activities. Delegates must not trade with non-registered persons within these environments (including video and/or online conferencing). Doing so will be deemed to be breaking the ethos of the conference. Sanctions may include cancellation of registration without refund.
Only organisations attending the STAY WYSE Conference may meet and host other conference participants. We do not encourage non-registered institutions to access and benefit from meeting potential business partners that the STAY WYSE Conference registered organisations have paid to meet.
Live streaming and/or recording of educational content is strictly prohibited.
- Refusal of admission
The STAY WYSE Conference reserves the right to refuse admission to any delegate who acts in a manner that breaks the ethos of the conference or who brings the conference into disrepute.
- Force Majeure
Neither party shall be liable or shall be in default of its obligations if such default is the result of acts of God, war or national emergency, acts of terrorism and its consequences, strike, lock-out, fire, explosion, flood, riots, civil disturbance, industrial disputes, natural and nuclear disaster, epidemics, health risks and pandemics or other cause beyond the reasonable control of the party affected.
The STAY WYSE Conference reserves the right to defer or to cancel the conference (without liability to the delegate) in the event of a Force Majeure.
- Delegate details and data protection
The STAY WYSE Conference will process the personal information provided by the delegate as defined in Dutch law as article 10 & 13 of Dutch Constitution and the Wet Bescherming Persoonsgegevens.
The delegate consents to the STAY WYSE Conference using information as follows:
- The STAY WYSE Conference will obtain, record, store and use this information as necessary in connection with the conference including transfer of the information to employees, agents and third parties as required for this purpose
- The STAY WYSE Conference may include delegates and their profile pictures in its trade catalogue, on the STAY WYSE Conference website, in promotional material and in the appointment scheduling system Marcom ACE
- The STAY WYSE Conference may transfer its business assets (which includes information) on re-organisation, sale or merger of the whole or any part of its business
- The STAY WYSE Conference reserves the right to process information as required for marketing purposes, to obtain legal advice, comply with legal requirements, enforce or apply any agreements (including this agreement) and protect the rights, property or safety of the STAY WYSE Conference, its employees, its clients and others
- The STAY WYSE Conference may transfer Information outside the European Economic Area for any of the purposes listed in this clause
- If the STAY WYSE Conference intends to process information other than as set out above the delegate will receive notice and be given the opportunity to decline the processing.
- Trading & Marcom
- Delegates may not share information from the trade catalogue or from Marcom ACE with anyone outside the conference.
- Buyers, both hosted and non-hosted are only permitted to schedule appointments with accommodation providers.
Payment is made by credit card to complete the registration. Booths, sponsorship and other items can be paid by credit card or invoice. Standard payment terms are 5 working days from the invoice date.
- Registrations made at the regular rate with unpaid balances that are outstanding for more than 5 working days may be subject to release
The STAY WYSE Conference reserves the right to cancel registrations for delegates, exhibitor space and sponsorship should the payment terms not be met.
Any delegate who has outstanding monies with WYSE Travel Confederation or any of its sector associations will not be permitted access to the conference nor a refund of registration fees.
The STAY WYSE Conference reserves the right to revoke usage of discount codes should they be used by delegates for whom they were not intended. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to check if you are permitted to use a discount code.
- VAT and local taxes
The STAY WYSE Conference registration fees and other charges associated with the conference may be subject to local VAT or other taxes. The STAY WYSE Conference will take legal advice on these charges with the objective of avoiding additional costs to delegates where possible.
In most cases, the STAY WYSE Conference is obliged to comply with local taxation requirements and will be registered accordingly with the local authorities.
- Advertising and promotion during the event
Business appointments will take place at tables or booths as allocated by the scheduling system:
- The only type of display and advertising materials permitted at the tables are small items, such as posters, photographs and laptops, which can be placed on the table and do not obstruct the view of other participants’ tables. These promotional materials must be removed once the business appointment has ended
- Marketing materials and other items must not extend outside of the registered booth space and must not constitute any type of hazard to other attendees
- It is not permitted to distribute or display marketing material (pull-up banners, flyer drops, pens, etc) within the protected trade environments without the STAY WYSE Conference’s prior written approval. Such distributions will be considered as sponsorship, and will be charged as such
- Delegates are not permitted to host events of any kind which encourage delegates to leave the conference at any time during the conference programme.
- Communications in Marcom ACE are limited to business appointment scheduling only, and may not be used for promotional purposes.
- Liability and insurance
Delegates and organisations should be insured against personal liability, fire and theft. The STAY WYSE Conference will not be held liable for any loss of or damage to exhibits, materials or equipment how so ever caused. The participants on their part will be held liable for any damage to persons or objects caused by them, their employees, and their representatives or by exhibits or items of their equipment. The STAY WYSE Conference will also not be liable for the loss of personal items.
Delegates are required to wear their conference badge and conference lanyard at all times during the conference programme. Access to the conference centre and social event locations will not be granted without the wearing of a conference badge.
All exhibitors are required to abide by the deadlines and conditions as outlined in the Exhibitor Manual and in communications from the STAY WYSE Conference and WYSE Travel Confederation.
All exhibitors must be registered delegates.
Raw floor space does not include furniture, shell scheme, stand build-up, transport, design, multi-outlet or extension power cables, or carpet.
All exhibition stand design must be approved by the STAY WYSE Conference at least four weeks prior to the conference.
The set-up of exhibition stands must be completed by 12:00 on the first day of exhibition. Stands not completed by that time may incur penalties.
The STAY WYSE Conference reserves the right to change or cancel exhibition booths at any time.
Booth cancellation can be made under the following conditions:
Booths cancelled before 1 December 2018 will be refunded 50% of the fee paid. On and after 1 December 2018 no refunds are available.
Cancellation will only be accepted in writing to email@example.com.
- Media waiver
The STAY WYSE Conference will use image, video and sound recording to record certain parts of the conference. These recordings will be used as archive of the event and may also be used in promotional material for future events. Attendance at the conference is acceptance of these terms.
- General conditions
The STAY WYSE Conference reserves the right to change these terms from time to time. Any such changes will be reflected on the STAY WYSE Conference website under Terms and Conditions. It is the responsibility of registered organisations and delegates to be aware of the Terms and Conditions in effect at the time of their registration and participation.
Organisations which have been disaffiliated or suspended from WYSE Travel Confederation or its associations may not attend. Likewise, members who are not in good standing, as well as individuals who have been sanctioned by WYSE Travel Confederation may not attend.
No amendment to the Terms and Conditions will be binding unless made in writing and signed by an authorised signatory of each party.
The delegate will not assign charge or otherwise transfer to a third party any of its rights or obligations here under without the prior written consent of the STAY WYSE Conference. The STAY WYSE Conference may assign, transfer or sub-contract any of its rights or obligations here under without the prior written consent of the delegate.
The STAY WYSE Conference reserves the right to change or cancel an attendee’s registration category.
If you have registered as a WYSE Travel Confederation your 2019 membership fees must be paid in full prior to the event. WYSE Travel Confederation reserves the right to charge non-member rates or to cancel your registration without reimbursement.
The programme of events during STAY WYSE may be amended or cancelled at any time.
The STAY WYSE programme is subject to change.
Errors and omissions accepted (E&OE).
These terms and conditions are created under Dutch law.
Terms and conditions as at 29 January 2018.